Invest Canberra and Canberra Chamber of Commerce wanted to bring over 19 companies in the ICT and Renewable Energy space to Silicon Valley. The purpose of the trip was to help Canberra companies understand better how to successfully do business in the US market, look for opportunities to commercialize innovation, and to attract investments.
Coming from Australia Invest Canberra and Canberra Chamber of Commerce lacked the skills, expertise, and network on the ground in Silicon Valley to connect with the relevant business leaders to provide valuable feedback to the companies they wanted to bring over. They decided to partner with Silicon Valley Forum to put together an immersive two-day program for the entire delegation consisting of 30 people.
The 2-day Immersion Program included:
Site visits and presentation by
- Robert Lamb, Director of Customer Evangelism, Salesforce
- Uli Bilke, Chief of Staff – New Markets, Yelp
- Matt Thompson, GM and Developer Evangelism, Microsoft
Speaker panel at the co-working community Galvanize with
- Lene Sjorslev Schulze, Business Catalyst, 42 Associates (Growth advisory firm)
- Dean Kelly, Co-Founder, HeyLets (Australian entrepreneur)
- Nicolai Wadstrom, Founder, BootstrapLabs (VC firm)
Business matchmaking session at the law firm DLA Piper with
- Steve Goldberg, Partner, Venrock
- Ronald Weissman, Chairman, Band of Angels
- John Scull, Managing Director, Southern Cross Venture Partners
- Mohanjit Jolly, Partner and Managing Director, Draper Fish Jurvetson
- Rachel Dyke, Director of Market Strategy and Development, Sunrun
- Kelly Hook, Partnerships, IBM Watson
- Matt Osborn, R&D Incentives, KPMG
“The collaboration with Silicon Valley Forum have been priceless for us. Silicon Valley Forum were really helpful in connecting us with the right people, and not only connecting us with the right people but making sure that these people were relevant to the business that we brought over here.” –Jonathan Kobus, Senior Manager, Invest Canberra.
See Jonathan Kobus and Matt Bullock, Founder & CEO at eWay’s testimonials here:
In Partnership With
About Silicon Valley Forum’s Immersion Programs
Silicon Valley Forum creates unique, high-quality Silicon Valley immersion programs, startup workshops, business luncheons, pitch nights, demo days, and more for corporates, accelerators, government and universities worldwide. Each program can be tailored to your delegation’s specific needs, find past Silicon Valley immersion programs here and download our program brochures to learn more about what we can do for you!