Day One – Mobility – June 25th, 2019
Many companies depend on transportation of some sort—how are they rethinking their solutions? During our Mobility track, we’ll take a look at how city agencies are providing avenues for new technologies, including:
- Hearing from regulatory agencies about how they see the future of mobility and their approach to working with tech companies
- Meeting startup companies that are revolutionizing the way people travel from point A to point B
- Learning from venture capitalists about their investment strategies for mobility
- Visiting a mobility company to hear their story
Mobility at the Crossroads: Next-Gen Technology and Policies Driving Change
For every mobility challenge, there are ambitious entrepreneurs developing solutions and dedicated officials implementing a plan of action. How do these two work in tandem to develop practical solutions for our mobility problems?
Speakers & Panel:
- Jill North, Innovation Manager, City of San Jose
- Mark Thomas, VP of Marketing & Strategic Alliances, Ridecell
- Dirk Remde, VP, Continental
The Road Ahead: Savvy Investing in the Smart Cities of the Future
Autonomous vehicles have attracted incredible interest from officials, investors and the public. How are Silicon Valley’s investors looking at the mobility industry?
Speaker: Julie Lien, Co-Founder & Managing Partner, Urban Innovation Fund
Metro Tech: Expanding Urban Technology
Explore Prospect SV, a mobility accelerator in Silicon Valley dedicated to solving global transportation challenges, and hear from startup founders on their innovative approach to mobility.
Speaker: Karen Janowski, VP of Startup Services & Strategic Programs, Prospect Silicon Valley
Day Two – Sustainability – June 26th, 2019
From water to waste to energy, growing cities need responsible upgrades to their infrastructure. On our Sustainability track, we’ll see the new models currently in development, and how city leaders are working to optimize legacy systems from the ground up, including:
- Talking with Silicon Valley city officials and learning about their strategies for creating a sustainable living environment
- Meeting startups and established companies and hear about innovation in energy, water, waste management and recycling
- Visiting an incubator and meet the next generation of innovators
The Green Scene: A VC’s View on Sustainability
Future cities must be efficient, productive, AND sustainable. As the world’s population continue to surge, having a plan for sustainability – and the technology to make it possible – is essential for continued growth. What steps can we take to implement smart, long-lasting initiatives?
Speaker: Stonly Baptiste, Partner, UrbanUs
Water for Life: Conserving Water for Sustainable Living
A key constraint for further urbanization is availability of and access to water. We’ll visit the Pacific Institute to learn what they’re doing to help avoid a water crisis.
Speaker: Cora Kammeyer, Researcher, Pacific Institute
Follow the LEDers: Companies Leading Sustainability Solutions
A deep dive with several companies leading the charge towards a greener future.
Speaker: Roger Smith, CEO, Sierra Turbines
Case Study: San Mateo’s Smart City Initiative
San Mateo is a smart city on the rise—you’ll hear how they’re utilizing SMC Labs, Google Cloud, and Aclima, a first-of-its-kind connected Air Quality Monitoring Solution vehicle.
Speaker: Ulysses Ron Vinson Jr., Chief Smart Communities Officer (County of San Mateo) & Director, SMC Labs
Day Three – Security and IoT – June 27th, 2019
Cities are more connected than ever—which means our security systems need to be more robust and well-protected than ever. On our final track on Security and IoT, we’ll examine how companies are working to create communities that are smarter AND safer, including:
- Talking to city planners about how they use the latest security technologies to keep our ever-expanding cities safe
- Hearing about the latest trends in “Internet of Things” from leading companies
- Visiting an innovative company in the field of “future cities”
- Seeing where the next frontier for e-commerce lies—and how this will affect city living
The Aegis Agents: Meet the Companies Pioneering IoT Security
“Internet of Things” is one of the leading tech trends of 2019 as devices are become ubiquitous and more intelligent. What IoT applications are being utilized in cities?
- Petter Hauffman, CEO, UCity
- Rich Lechner, VP Business Development, Urban Leap
- Leandro Margulis, VP & General Manager, Developer Relations, TomTom
The Internet of Threats: IBM Watson on IoT
Visit IBM for a peek into their exciting work with IoT.
Speaker: Angie Krackeler, Senior Program Manager, Developer Tech & Advocacy Program
Cities of Tomorrow: A Current View and What’s Coming Next
After a look at what’s in store in key areas of city development, take a step back to look at what our future cities may look like.
Speaker: Natalia Olson-Urtecho, Co-Founder & Chief Innovation & Strategy Officer, The Disruptive Factory