- This event has passed.
Money Talks 2: Investing Your Money During & Post COVID-19 Era
August 11, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Women in Tech Forum Presents: Money Talks 2: Investing Your Money During & Post COVID-19 Era
Virtually every part of our lives has been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, including the economy. While we cannot control a market that is volatile, we can control our personal finances – adjusting spending or simply being more mindful during these precarious times.
While women need to stabilize ourselves and our financial situation at the moment, we must also focus on our future financial picture – post COVID-19. The U.S. economy has rebounded from many recessions and will certainly rebound from this one. Improving our financial intelligence, including investing wisely will be key in getting through our current crisis, and prepare us for any future economic downturn.
In our 2nd program of our Women & Money series, we will have a follow up conversation with Allison Kvidstad, CFP® Financial Advisor at Ellevest who will do a deep dive into:
- What is the economic & market outlook?
- How do you get started in investing?
- What types of investing should you know about before you begin?
- Are coin offerings & cryptocurrency risky business?
- How much reserve cash should you have before considering investing?
- How do you pick an advisor that aligns with your goals? What about investing apps?
Allison will provide you with tips, resources, and advice on investing your money during a time of crisis. We will open up the discussion for Q&A from the audience, so bring your questions!
MEET OUR INTERVIEWER
- Debra Brackeen — Chief Strategy & Innovation Office, CSAA Insurance
MEET OUR SPEAKER
- Allison Kvikstad — Certified Financial Planner, Financial Advisor, Ellevest