- This event has passed.
Qatar in Focus: Building Smart & Resilient Food Systems
December 15, 2020 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am PSTFree
Tuesday, December 15 – 9:00 AM PST / 8:00 PM Doha Time
This virtual discussion will provide U.S. companies an overview of how Qatar is establishing a sustainable and environmentally friendly food system as part of its national food security strategy. The Government of Qatar is targeting the expansion of its agriculture sector by encouraging investments in advanced agricultural technologies in crop production, hydroponic greenhouses, vertical farming, and irrigation systems. What should Silicon Valley companies, investors and entrepreneurs understand about the future of agriculture in Qatar?
• Khalid Al-Mana — Executive Director, Business Finance of Qatar Development Bank
• Fahad AL Dosari — Commercial Attaché, Embassy of the State of Qatar, Washington, DC
• Mubarak Rashid Al Sahuti — Executive Director – Business Relations, Hassad Food
• Jess Bollinger — VP of Strategic Partnerships at Arable Labs, Inc.
• Khalid Al-Mana is the Executive Director of Business Finance of Qatar Development Bank (QDB) – the leading development and financing body driving the growth of Qatar’s private sector and its contribution to GDP.
Mr. Al-Mana previously held leadership positions at Royal Dutch Shell and Qatar Foundation. He held international posts in Washington DC and The Hague. Mr. Al-Mana holds a BSc in Finance from King Fahad University of Petroleum and Minerals, and an MBA from HEC Paris. He also received specialized diplomas from London Business School and the Brookings Institute.
He is currently the Chairman of Middle East Leadership Academy (MELA), Chairman of Al Shams Advanced Lighting Technologies and Board Member of ELAN.
• Fahad AL Dosari is the first Commercial Attaché of the State of Qatar to the United States. In 2019, he assumed his post as part of an initiative under the Ministry of Commerce & Industry (MOCI) to further increase trade and promote more investment between the State of Qatar and the United States.
As Commercial Attaché, Mr. Fahad AL Dosari is the main liaison between businesses and government entities that deal with trade and commerce between the State of Qatar and United States. He also represents the Investment Promotion Agency of Qatar (IPA Qatar) in order to provide American companies access to reliable business partners in Qatar, and to explore investment opportunities that further strengthen the commercial relationship between the State of Qatar and the United States. Mr. AL Dosari has extensive professional experience in commerce and international trade. He previously served for the Department of International Cooperation at MOCI, where he participated in the Gulf Cooperation Council’s (GCC) trade negotiations with China. Mr. AL Dosari also served as a member of the State of Qatar’s delegation in the joint committees to Singapore and the European Free Trade Association countries to review free trade agreements and other issues related to international trade. Additionally, Mr. AL Dosari was a participant in handling the World Trade Organization’s periodic review of Qatar’s trade policy.
Mr. Fahad AL Dosari graduated from American University in Dubai with a degree in business management and has many professional certificates in international commerce from the World Trade Organization.
• Mubarak Al Sahuti currently serves as the Executive Director of Business Relations and Communications at Hassad Food Company, a position he has held since 2018. He has wide and diverse professional experience including tenders, contracts, plants’ evaluation, as well as managing production process and food marketing. Previously, he held a number of key positions at the General Electricity and Water Corporation (KAHRAMA) including most recently serving as Procurement Manager.
Mubarak currently holds several leadership positions, including chairman of the Qatari Tunisian Company for Food Industries, board member of National Food Company (NAFCO), and board member of the Arab Qatari Company for Agricultural Production (Qtfa).
Mubarak received a bachelor’s degree in management and economics from Qatar University.
• Jess Bollinger works with Arable’s growers and partners to reduce supply chain risk and build innovative financial products. She has worked at UNICEF USA; with smallholder farmers in Mayange, Rwanda and Xochimilco, Mexico; on the Hurricane Sandy recovery effort at the NYC Mayor’s Office of Long-Term Planning & Sustainability; and in the private sector. Jess has an MS in Sustainability Management from Columbia University and a BA from Tufts University in International Relations and Spanish.