Women Who Invest Forum | The Fix: Women Transforming Venture Capital
May 19 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm PDTFree
It’s no secret that women and persons of color are underrepresented in the venture capital ecosystem. Less than 3% of VC funding go to women-led startups, only 1% of VC-backed founders are Black, and less than 2% are Latinx. And it doesn’t stop there- the diversity issue for VC’s is no better.
Join us at our kickoff event in our Women Who Invest Forum where our panel will discuss the changes needed to drive the transformation of investing structures to propel funding for women and underrepresented founders, and advance gender equality in venture capital.
MEET THE HOST:
- Denyse Cardozo — Executive Director, Silicon Valley Forum
MEET THE MODERATOR:
- Melissa Roberts Chapman — Senior Program Officer, Entrepreneurship, Kauffman Foundation
MEET THE SPEAKERS:
- Melissa L. Bradley — Managing Partner, 1863 Ventures & Co-Founder, Ureeka
- Leyla Seka — Partner, Operator Collective
- Samara Mejia Hernandez — Founding Partner at Chingona Ventures
- Noramay Cadena — Managing Partner, Supply Change Capital
- Shelly Kapoor-Collins — Founding Partner, Shatterfund
This series is powered by Frank, Rimerman + Co. LLP, certified public accountants!