Last week, Silicon Valley Forum partnered with Novarica, an Insurance Technology Consulting & Research Firm, for an insurance tech Immersion Program. For four full days, a group of C-level executives was taken on an exciting, inspiring, and educational journey through world-renowned Silicon Valley corporations: Salesforce, LinkedIn, Amazon, Microsoft, and many more.
Expert representatives from each company generously donated their time to sit down with the delegation and impart their singular wisdom and business acumen. The program centered on a singular goal: to showcase concrete, practical examples of how technology is transforming insurance and how to innovate within the company.
“The sessions were good and helped stimulate some thoughts on innovation and so forth. I also greatly benefited from the networking with my peers at other carriers. In some respect, we built a mini-Silicon Valley mindset with the group — sharing of information and not being so insulated.” – Participant quote
Program and visits of the week
Day 1 – Monday, February 6th, 2017
- Welcome reception – Dinner at the Galleria Park Hotel with guest Chris Yeh, Partner at Wasabi Ventures.
Day 2 – Tuesday, February 7th, 2017
- Salesforce – Our path together: How to empower everyone to be a customer trailblazer.
- LinkedIn – Company Culture and how to build relationships globally
- Wharton School with Roost – Telematics for the home and for insurance companies
Day 3 – Wednesday, February 8th, 2017
- Amazon – Organizing for Innovation
- Plug and Play Tech Center – Pay per use as a business model on insurance platforms
- Microsoft – The past seven years of cultural change at Microsoft
- Evening event – Dinner at Galleria Park Hotel with speakers from Embroker, Andreesen Horowitz, and Calico Labs moderated by Robert Mclsaacs, Senior VP, Research & Consulting, Novarica, Inc.
Day 4 – Thursday, February 9th, 2017
- Core Innovation Capital – The funding landscape for insurance technology
- Pillsbury Law – Wrap up discussion
About Silicon Valley Forum’s Immersion Programs
Silicon Valley Forum creates unique, high-quality Silicon Valley immersion programs, startup workshops, business luncheons, pitch nights, demo days, and more for corporates, accelerators, government and universities worldwide. Each program can be tailored to your delegation’s specific needs, find past Silicon Valley immersion programs here and download our program brochures to learn more about what we can do for you!