After a tremendously successful Japanese immersion program and a sold-out pitch night in May 2016, we’re excited to extend our partnership with NEDO Japan (New Energy and Industrial Technology Development Organization).
The partnership has been mutually beneficial for both NEDO and Silicon Valley Forum— the program has allowed our organization to extend our global footprint to the Japanese startup community, and we’ve been able to provide NEDO’s startup community with opportunities to meet investors and executives from some of Silicon Valley’s household names in tech. Through company visits, seminars, one-on-one business matchmaking sessions, pitch training, and the concluding pitch night, the Japanese entrepreneurs have learned how to establish and grow a business in the US, and how to improve the business in their local market—the “secret sauce” of Silicon Valley.
Watch the highlights from the program here:
Immersion Program – October 3rd
Immersion Program – October 5th
Pitch training with Nathan Gold hosted by Sheppard Mullin, Palo Alto.
Business matchmaking session hosted by Pillsbury Law, Palo Alto with mentors:
- Angie Krackeler, Manager, WW Startups & Developers Technical Engagement, IBM
- Mick Liubinskas, Venture Portfolio Manager, Muru-D
- Mitchell Weinstock, Investments and Partnerships, HP Tech Ventures
- Amit Garg, Venture Capitalist, Samsung
- Darryl Tan Jit Khian, Venture Investor at Singtel Innov8 Ventures
- Craig Dudenhoeffer, Director of Labs, Wearable IoT World, Inc.
Pitch Night – October 6th
5:30pm – Doors open.
6:00pm – NEDO and Silicon Valley Forum opening remarks by Denyse Cardozo, Executive Director Silicon Valley Forum, and Shinnosuke Kameyama, Chief Representative, NEDO Silicon Valley Office.
6:15pm – Panel discussion: Open Innovation Strategies in US and Japan –trends, culture, success and more with panelists:
- Mitch Kitamura, Managing Director, Draper Nexus
- Koji Sakamoto, CEO & President Yahoo Japan America, Inc.
- Steve Goldberg, Operating Partner, Venrock
7:00pm – Six Japanese Startups Pitching
8:00pm – Food, drinks and Networking
In Partnership with:
About Silicon Valley Forum’s Immersion Programs
Silicon Valley Forum creates unique, high-quality Silicon Valley immersion programs, startup workshops, business luncheons, pitch nights, demo days, and more for corporates, accelerators, government and universities worldwide. Each program can be tailored to your delegation’s specific needs, find past Silicon Valley immersion programs here and download our program brochures to learn more about what we can do for you!