We’re looking for our next International Relations Intern!
Are you a person who takes initiative? Are you flexible, well-organized, and self-motivated? We need your talents on our team!
Reporting to the Head of International Relations, your main responsibility will be to assist with creating excellent international immersion programs and helping build a sales pipeline. We are interested in learning about your ambitions and interests, and will work with you to shape the internship and duties based on your knowledge and capabilities. This is a full-time, unpaid internship lasting three months.
Throughout your time in this role, you’ll be immersed immediately in the Silicon Valley ecosystem, meeting entrepreneurs, technologists, and corporates from every sector of technology. As part of the SVF team, you’ll be working with a group of dedicated and dynamic people who love what they do, and are here to make sure you get the most out of your time with us!
Sound good? Read on to find out more…
- Research, identify and generate leads which support Silicon Valley Forum’s International Immersion Programs. (Target audience: government agencies, trade associations, universities and more.)
- Maintain and expand our database of prospects within your assigned territory
- Build action plan and strategy for your assigned territory
- Define product offerings based on market research
- Draft initial proposal for clients
- Coordinate activities and planning for ongoing projects within the assigned period
- Help and support to the event team with preparations and on-site logistics, which involves setup, registration, breakdown, room preparation etc.
- Previous project management experience
- Understanding of the startup scene and environment
- Excellent communication and writing skills (academic writing a big plus!)
- Detail-oriented with great organization skills
- Immediate access and exposure to the Silicon Valley ecosystem
- Opportunities to network with founders and executives from leading technology firms
- Insights on technology market trends
- A casual, fun, and supportive office environment
The internship is a full-time internship for 3 months to be placed as soon as possible. Candidate must be willing to travel to San Jose headquarters minimum 3 days a week and to San Francisco office 2 days a week and as needed (both offices are close to public transportation, including CalTrain, VTA, and BART).
Send your resume and cover letter to Klaus Wehage, Klaus@siliconvalleyforum.com with subject line “International Relations Intern – Summer”.
ABOUT SILICON VALLEY FORUM
At Silicon Valley Forum, we believe in the transformative power of entrepreneurship. We’ve dedicated the last 33 years to helping people learn how to build a business the Silicon Valley way, with a focus on creativity and innovation, using technology to bring society towards a better future. Whether you’re trying to create a company here or build your own Silicon Valley at home, our events and our online portal light the way for you to learn and grow as a 21st century entrepreneur.
We have a long history of creating successful events, programs and conferences that educate, train, inspire and connect technologists, entrepreneurs, corporates, investors, innovation and startup hubs, and students—in Silicon Valley, throughout the U.S., and globally. We organize about 100 different activities per year, have over 15,000 subscribers/users, and work with over 40 countries worldwide.
Our partners include global leaders like Accenture, IBM, Microsoft, and SAP, just to name a few; as well as leading venture capital firms and service providers. Silicon Valley Forum is a fully independent 501 (c) (3) non-profit organization.
Author: Xi-Er Dang
Product Marketing Specialist