Another Immersion Program on the books! This past October, Silicon Valley Forum partnered with Singaporean Chinese Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SCCCI) and IE Singapore for “Rethinking Retail & E-commerce.” For five full days, a 35-strong Singaporean delegation was taken on an exciting, inspiring, and educational journey through world-renowned Silicon Valley corporations, VC firms, startups, and accelerators/incubators.
Expert representatives from each company generously donated their time to sit down with the delegation and impart their singular wisdom and business acumen.
The program centered on a singular goal: was to showcase concrete, practical examples of how technology is transforming e-commerce—particularly independent, brick-and-mortar shops—via cloud storage, mobile engagement, the Internet of Things, and more. The delegation also learned how the retail and e-commerce ecosystem works in the US and in Silicon Valley—and how to connect with retail companies for future partnership and collaboration.
“The delegation visited a variety of companies disrupting retail through technology and innovative business models. This range helped our delegation understand the extent and depth of disruption in retail in the US. We had good feedback from our Singapore companies, and they intend to work with some of the US companies they met to implement these solutions in their businesses in Singapore and beyond.” – Center Director (Los Angeles), Lin Lixin
Program and visits of the week
Day 1 – Monday October 17, 2016
- Weebly – E-commerce Trends and Localization Strategy
- Swrve – Driving Mobile Engagement Through Automation
- Betabrand – What Happens When the Web Builds a Clothing Brand
- Naturebox – How to Build a Scalable Business Model and Consumer Brand
Day 2 – Tuesday October 18, 2016
- Optimizely – Driving Online Sales Through Optimization and Personalization
- R/GA – Investing in Future E-commerce and Retail Business Models
- EAT24/Yelp – Understanding the business model and how it compliments Yelp’s business
Day 3 – Wednesday October 19, 2016
- Comet Labs – Emerging Technologies that will Revolutionize Retail Logistics.
- Symphony Commerce – Learning about Commerce-as-a-Service (CaaS)
- Gantry – Retail Innovation, Social Commerce, Product Innovation, Analytics, O2O
- Poshmark – One way to buy and sell fashion
Day 4 – Thursday October 20, 2016
- Walmart Innovation Lab – Global Supply Chain Strategy and Marketplaces
- Chegg – How to optimize monetization and subscription-based business models
- Google – Visual Commerce Project Tango & Android Pay
Day 5 – Friday October 21, 2016
- Float Hybrid – Bridging physical with digital
- Wingtip – Interactive Displays for a more Personal and Interactive Shopping Experience
- Sephora – Enhancing the Retail Experience with Technology
- Neiman Marcus – Smart Mirrors
- Target Open House – The Connected Home
- Le Tote – How to Use Data to Deliver Customized Solutions
- Pillsbury Law Firm – Wrap-up session with Caroline Tsay, VP and General Manager of HP Software and Michael Torosian, Partner at Pillsbury Law.
In Partnership with:
Pictures from selected visits:
About Silicon Valley Forum’s Immersion Programs
Silicon Valley Forum creates unique, high-quality Silicon Valley immersion programs, startup workshops, business luncheons, pitch nights, demo days, and more for corporates, accelerators, government and universities worldwide. Each program can be tailored to your delegation’s specific needs, find past Silicon Valley immersion programs here and download our program brochures to learn more about what we can do for you!