There’s something simply amazing about Silicon Valley. Whether it’s our dedication to ideas and innovation, our incredible global talent pool, our VC investment reach (almost 1/3rd of all US investments happen here) or the endless possibilities for success, there’s something rare and undefinable that makes the Valley such an amazing place for entrepreneurs to live, work, and grow.
Silicon Valley Forum together with the Innovation Immersion Program, led by Dr. Rob Valli from the, organized an immersive day in Silicon Valley for their MBA students concluding with a public event in the evening. The evening event included a panel discussion with some of the Valley’s best experts, who discuss the key ingredients in Silicon Valley’s secret sauce.
8:15am – 9:35am Session 1
Visit: Accenture Tech Labs
Topic: Driving Innovation for the Enterprise
- Adiba Barney, CEO, Silicon Valley Forum
- Jitendra Kavathekar, Managing Director, Accenture Open Innovation
- Corey Wong, Workshop Designer and Tech Evangelist, Accenture Tech Labs
10:15am – 11:15am Session 2
Topic: Corporate Global Venture and Entrepreneurship
- Brett Laffel, Principal, Microsoft Ventures
- Matt Thompson, GM Developer Evangelism, Microsoft
- Kenny Spade, TCE Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
- Tim Reilly, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
- Kat Harris, Technical Evangelist, Microsoft
11:30am – 1:00pm Session 3
Visit: Google HQ
Topic: Google –The Never Ending Success Story
Speakers: Per Hedberg, Global Online Lead, Google Maps
3:30pm – 5:00pm Session 4
Topic: Corporate Global Enablement
Speaker: Daryl Spreiter, Senior Director, Global Enablement, Salesforce
5:30pm – 6:00pm Session 5
Speaker: Allan Young, Founder and CEO, Runway
6:00pm – 9:00pm Silicon Valley: What’s in the Sauce?
6:00pm – Registration and networking
6:30pm – Welcome remarks and introduction Adiba Barney, CEO, Silicon Valley Forum, and Rob Valli, Faculty Advisor, IIP
6:45pm – A Successful International Entrepreneur’s journey to Silicon Valley presented by Risto Lahdesmaki, CEO and Founder, Idean.
7:00pm – Panel Discussion: Silicon Valley: What’s in the Sauce?
- Moderator: Bill Reichert, Managing Director Garage Technology Ventures
- Deborah Magid, Director, IBM Venture Capital Group
- Fadi Bishara, CEO and Founder, Blackbox Accelerator
- Michael Torosian, Partner, DLA Piper
- Risto Lahdesmaki, CEO and Founder, Idean
8:00pm – Networking and dinner buffet served.
9:00pm – Event conludes.
In Partnership with:
About Silicon Valley Forum’s Immersion Programs
Silicon Valley Forum creates unique, high-quality Silicon Valley immersion programs, startup workshops, business luncheons, pitch nights, demo days, and more for corporates, accelerators, government and universities worldwide. Each program can be tailored to your delegation’s specific needs, find past Silicon Valley immersion programs here and download our program brochures to learn more about what we can do for you!