Technology has undoubtedly reinvented agriculture in recent decades, greatly increasing the efficiency of farmland and allowing growers to provide food at a low cost to billions. AgTech as we know it uses the farm as the starting point and iterates from there. However, emerging companies are calling for a reinvention of our food systems, with sustainability at its core: local, regenerative, and healthy for both people and planet.
But can sustainability scale? Which avenue will lead to the long-term sustainability of our planet? What does the earth need from growers in order to survive? Do we continue reiterating current systems to increase efficiency, or develop this new way of thinking about the sources of our food? Which one of these two is the way forward to feed 10 billion people while promoting sustainability?
The 2020 Seeds of Our Future summit and immersion program is a platform for thinking about the future of AgTech – and the role that technology will play in building agricultural systems that will help the planet survive.
Program topics will include:
• AgTech, reinvented: Big Ag’s New Focus on Sustainability
• Hyperlocalized solutions – and what they might look like at scale
• Cell (lab-grown) meat: What is the timeline to widespread market adoption?
• Are technologists building AgTech for efficiency or sustainability?
• Indoor farming: what (or who) is the right target for the solution it offers?
August 24: Seeds of Our Future AgTech Summit
Our expert summit panelists and presenters will help paint the picture of the current AgTech landscape, from a financial and technological perspective – and what we can anticipate for the future.
August 25: Salinas, CA – Will Growers be the Reluctant Heroes in Building a Sustainable Future?
• Visit top farms in the Salinas valley that leverage technology. Learn about why tech is important to them and the future of these initiatives.
• Meet growers who have adopted technology: What does it do for them?
• Speak with startups focused on helping large ag operations to become more efficient.
• Learn about the role of sustainability on large farms, and their vision for the future.
August 26: Silicon Valley – AgTech Revolution 2.0
• Visit tech startups focused on building next-gen food systems, with sustainability center in mind.
• See the future of cell-based meat, indoor farming and hyperlocal food systems design.
Past Speakers and Presenters
2020 speakers announced soon!
Dennis DonohueDirector, Western Growers Center for Innovation and Technology
Charles BaronCo-Founder & VP, Farmer's Business Network, Inc.
Nick SramekDirector of International Relations, Silicon Valley Forum
Aaron MagenheimFounder, AgTech Insight
Alex LucePartner, Creative Ventures
Denyse CardozoCEO, Silicon Valley Forum
Scott SedgelyVice Mayor, City of Napa
Rohini BanskotaDirector of Policy, Finless Foods
B. David VosburgCFO & SVP Strategy, Crop One Holdings
Ryan BrantleyDirector of Cultivation, Caliva
Paul HendersonCEO, Grupo Flor
Joe GunterMayor of Salinas
Karl KerksiekVC, Finistere Ventures
Robert MorrisFounder and CEO, TerrAvion, Inc.
Omer DavidiFounder and CEO, BeeHero
Jamie BacherCoFounder and CEO, Boost Biomes
Bruce BordenCOO, FarmX
Adrian Ferraro FernandezCoFounder and CEO, Biome Makers Inc.
Naeem ZafarCoFounder and CEO, TeleSense
Morgan PaxhiaManaging Director & Chief Investor, Poseidon Asset Managment
Adam WolfChief Scientist, Arable Labs Inc.
Will DraytonDirector Technical Viticulture & Research Winemaking, Treasury Wine Estates
Adam ReineckGlobal Design Director, IDEO.org
Luan NioSenior Partnerships Lead, IDEO.org
Deborah MagidDirector, Software Strategies, IBM Ventures
Past Highlights: The Seeds of Our Future AgTech Program
orurandoSeeds of Our Future AgTech Summit & Immersion Program
Why become a sponsor?
Become a sponsor of one of our larger conference and gain publicity and visibility as an industry leader in the space. You will be promoted in all marketing materials inclduing website, email, social media, videos, photos and on-site program. We see our sponsors as valuable partners for our conferences so submit this form and we will be in touch.