At Silicon Valley Forum, we believe in the power of connection, both here in the Bay Area and around the world. With COVID-19 now a global pandemic, the first thing on our minds is YOU: the wonderful, innovative, amazing members of our vibrant SVF community, whom we have had the privilege to serve for the last 37 years. We wanted to reach out to all of you to share more about what we’re doing to keep both our staff and our member base safe during these uncertain times.
Our upcoming events and programs:
We’re limiting or rescheduling our activities until public health officials and our own executive team determines it’s safe enough to resume them. Here’s a quick rundown:
- Cybersecurity and Insurance Pitch Night – postponed until further notice.
- Women in Tech Event with the W Hotel (to be announced) – postponed until further notice.
- The 2020 Women in Tech Festival – rescheduled for this summer – we’ll see you on July 24th and 25th!
- Silicon Valley StartUP University – cancelled for 2020; will return in 2021.
- Seeds of Our Future AgTech Summit and Immersion Program (just announced) – No change; scheduled for August 24 – 26, 2020.
We’ll also be we launching a series of startup-related webinars focused on a variety of different topics – stay tuned for dates and times there!
What we’re doing to stay safe – and keep YOU safe:
Currently the SVF staff is working remotely, and conducting meetings online or over the phone. Flattening the curve depends on removing oneself from exposure as much as possible, and as a community-activity-focused organization, we’re exercising as much caution as we can.
In the meantime, stay safe and stay well – we can’t wait to plan wonderful new programs for you as soon as we’re able. Take care of yourselves – and each other!
All the best,
Executive Director @ Silicon Valley Forum